Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rules & Regulations



I jacked the title of this article from one of my favorite songs by E-40. I just had to get that out of the way... moving right along...

I may be wrong, but I don't think people understand how much work it takes to be able to make a living off this music game. We get so caught up in how good the music sounds and we forget about all the factor that go into building a successful career. Everything changes once money is on the table. Remember that... its no longer a hobby when people think they can profit off your music.



I know so many talented rappers that haven't gotten on for one reason or another. In most cases its money. But a lot of artist have the wrong people working with them. They trust the "homie" they grew up with to handle their business. Or the slick talker who makes promises with his mouth that his ass can't cash. But the worst is when an artist has all the right tools in place, and screws it all up because of ego and lack of gratitude. Man... please Lord do not let me be ruined by my own success. I guess I gotta become successful first though...


How many artist have the luxury of having money when they are coming into the game? Not many. And even if you do have the money, the chances are that you don't have the talent. I'm blessed to have a team of people that I believe in. That money in the picture above belongs to my investor. And its gonna take a couple more stacks than that to get this movement up and running. But when you believe in yourself and those around you, anything is possible. Know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment